Saturday, February 7, 2009

Most expensive chocolate sundae ever!

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/articleslideshow?articleId=USN0753679220071107&channelName=domesticNews#a=1

Would you pay $25,000 for a chocolate sundae? I don't have that kind of money, but maybe if I take out a loan I could taste it. But again I bet the 24 karat gold makes the chocolate taste terrible... but probably not. I mean just to say you spent 25,000 buckaroos for something you can eat in 10 minutes tops... that's decadence for you. I just wonder what makes the "best chocolate" cost so much.

I was mad because Paula Dean had the owner and inventor of that sundae on her show and she lorded it over her audience by eating the darn sundae on stage while everybody else got to watch. (Ok fine it was a cheaper version of a different one, but still over $1000.) If I were in that audience I would have jumped up on that stage and eaten the golden flowers myself. Apparently, Paula is not as nice as Oprah. If it were Oprah everyone in the audience would have gotten to have their own $25,000 sundae. And a chocolate car to go with it.

But eh what can I complain. It's in New York after all. Maybe one of these days I'll head over to Serendipity and imagine what it might be like to taste one. :)

Most expensive chocolate evar

2 comments:

  1. Y'know, the funniest thing is that the sundae doesn't even look all that good. I mean, it looks decent, but for 25,000 dollars, you'd half expect them to provide you with your soul mate or something after you finish. Ice cream is a beautiful thing, but to be honest, some of the best ice cream I've ever had was about five bucks. The secret, especially with ice`cream, is to get it fresh. If you ever get a chance to be up in Vermont, you HAVE to go to the big Ben and Jerry's Factory and take the tour. You get ice cream just after it's made, and it is simply unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I think it's the 12,000 bracelet on the bottom that makes it so expensive. I still want to know what makes chocolate so good that they charge $2000 a pound for it though.

    ReplyDelete