Friday, December 20, 2013

A whole week of chocolate, chocolate party, chocolate tour, and the end of year chocolate coma: part 1.


So since I’ve last blogged, I’ve had a chocolate tasting party (complete with a stack of leftover chocolate), gone on a chocolate tour and had a whole week’s worth of advent calendar chocolate.  So I’ve been needing a chocolate hiatus.  Unfortunately, while there’s never really too much chocolate, there is such a thing as too much chocolate all at once.  So now that I’ve emerged from my chocolate-induced coma, I’m back to blog about chocolate!

I won’t go into too much detail about the advent calendar, but I will pick out a few favorites.  First of all, the Bapchi’s Toffee Mini Chocolate Bar was a great blend of caramel crunch and deep milk chocolate.  I actually enjoyed the bar more than the actual Bapchi toffee. 

The Verde Caramel was also wonderful and the spice did not overpower the chocolate.  Less successful was the bacon caramel toffee.  There wasn’t much keeping the chocolate on he toffee and the chocolate fell apart quickly.  

There was also the mini Mo’s Dar Chocolate, which is even more overpowering than the milk bar, and pink Himalayan Crystal Caramels which were subtle and yummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment