Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Days 9 and 10: more caramels and an ol' standard.

-->
I’ve been lucky enough to have my birthday and Christmas in the same month.  This month was overwhelmingly chocolaty.  Nothing wrong with that.  As I grow up and move along in my life, I’d like to think that I’ve grown in my love of chocolate.  Every day I learn more and more about flavors and what I like.

Needless to say this advent calendar is helping with that. 

Tarte Caramels
Ok so you know how I just said all Vosges caramels taste the same.  Well color me bad and I stand corrected.  I will admit that orange and chocolate is not my favorite flavor combination, but the mix of orange and this caramel are very delightful.  I’ll admit to licking the hibiscus flower powder off the top.  Hey! It’s my chocolate and I’ll eat it the way that I want to! 

The Ol’ Standard: Mo’s Bacon and Chocolate Bar (version Milk). 

The Mo’s Bacon bar is a bar that everyone should take seriously.  I can never manage to eat more than one little piece at a time.  I don’t think this is a chocolate bar for just anyone, but adventurous eaters should try it at least once  I always say that Vosges Chocolate has the most wonderfully wacky flavor profiles, and this one takes the cake.  Smoky, salty, chocolaty.  I think it’s probably best to try this in the small size (as they have in the calendar) but if you’re ready to share then the full sized bar might be the way for you to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment