Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just had the most amazing peppermint hot chocolate!

I know this post is going to seem a bit random, especially since I haven't posted in a while, but I just had a lovely peppermint hot chocolate from Crumbs on 54th street. It's one of their new stores, and if you don't know Crumbs just think high-end cupcakes (or cuppycakes as I like to call them).

The store itself is tucked away in a huge office building. The staff were all really quirky and fun. I ended up getting an Elvis cupcake and their "trial" package. One of the workers suggested I pace myself, but I had just signed up for personal training at the gym. This, if anything, is my last chance at something devilishly delicious. It's veggies and grilled chicken from here on out, but who says I can't go out in a blaze of delicious chocolatey glory?!

I'm such a stickler for temperature when it comes to hot chocolate. If I can't drink it without setting my mouth on fire then it isn't worth it. The hot chocolate from Jaques Torres and Starbucks tend to burn the roof off my mouth (though to be fair to Starbucks you can get it at "kid temperature" which isn't as hot). But the one from Crumbs was perfect. And the peppermint flavor was perfectly balanced with the chocolate.

I have the feeling that, like Starbucks, the quality of Crumbs' beverages depends greatly on the barista, but if you have a chance get to Crumbs and try their hot chocolate. Yeah yeah so it's a little hot for hot chocolate, but it's worth it. And if you really can't stand it, get it on ice. Though I'm sure the ice cubes will make the hot chocolate taste...er... well you get the idea. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment